A captivating analysis of the psychology behind Black Panther.
T'Challa the Black Panther won over audiences with one of the most popular comic book movies of all time. The film's success shines a spotlight on hopes and values across cultures and throughout the world because, in spite of the fantastic details and royal intrigue, the hero's story is deeply human. In Black Panther Psychology: Hidden Kingdoms, Dr. Travis Langley brings together a variety of experts to examine the character both in motion pictures and throughout his rich comic book history. Among the topics they explore:
- Cultural differences
- Balancing individual and collective identity
- Isolationism and its consequences
- Family bonds and intergenerational trauma
- Gender issues, including masculine rivalry and women in combat
- Why this kind of hero is important to us all